Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 26 Weigh-In: 285.2

Well, the excitement from a couple of days ago has worn off; the next day I was 2 pounds heavier, and today I'm 2 pounds lighter again, but still slightly heavier than 2 days ago. It's quite the emotional roller coaster.

I've come to a conclusion that is disappointing but brings me a certain amount of relief: I probably won't make 242 by June 25th. It's disappointing because I've been trying so hard, and early on was so encouraged, only to have that work apparently not pay off as much as it ought to, and to have that encouragement disappear.

But it's relieving because, although I'm not going to try any less hard, accepting that I probably won't make it means my heart isn't going to drop as painfully as the blue line in the chart below creeps above the green one. And I've added the red line representing the weight loss necessary to make 275, the weight class I've been competing in, and I'm at least a little encouraged by the fact that it seems likely I'll make that weight by a mile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment