Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Transparency in Weight Loss

As I explained in my "About Me" post, when I was at my heaviest in 2005 I was over 360 pounds, and in less than a year lost about 130 pounds. In the years since, I've put on much of that weight. I'm happy I've kept off a lot of the weight, and that I'm nowhere near 360 today. However, it is nowhere near my ideal weight, neither in terms of health nor in terms of powerlifting competitively.

I intend to compete in the 2010 YMCA Seattle Summer Classic, and would like to be in the 125 kg. (275 lb.) weight class at that time. I've got about 3 months to go, so I felt it was important I start making a serious attempt to reach that goal. As such, today I'm going to start tracking my weight regularly and posting it in the hopes that the transparency will motivate me to count my calories faithfully and train diligently.

With that said, my weight on the morning of Tuesday, April 6th, 2010, is 291.6 lbs. I took a picture of the scale's readout to prove it, shown at right. Please keep me in your prayers, as I've got about 3 months to lose almost 17 pounds. It's easily within reach, but I really need to take my eating seriously.

1 comments:

flo :) said...

You can do it! Wanna come over for a delicious spinach-cabbage-carrot-strawberry-banana smoothie?

:) L.

Post a Comment