Tuesday, June 1, 2010

5k Training Day 2, Week 6 (Again)

In a post this morning I explained that I was following the Couch to 5k training program to prepare for the 2010 Firecracker 5k, and that after my bench press workout I hopped on the treadmill for day 2 of week 6 of the program. Because I really want to make sure I'm prepared, and in an effort to make weight for my upcoming powerlifting competition, this afternoon I repeated the workout but outside, which is considerably tougher (for me) than jogging on a treadmill:
  • 5-minute brisk walk to warm up
  • 10-minute jog
  • 3-minute walk
  • 10-minute jog
  • 3-minute walk*
  • 5-minute jog*
(*After the two 10-minute jogging intervals, I was still a ways from home, so I threw in an extra 5-minute jog.)

I actually felt somewhat better than I did on the treadmill this morning, which is promising except that I probably wasn't running as fast in the first interval as I had on the treadmill. Still, I'm encouraged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment