Friday, October 15, 2010

Correcting the Record: Blotted Out

In "The Results Are In!," I shared my excitement at seeing my name in the Washington State USAPL Open Men's Records, having bench pressed 155 kg (341.7 lb):


Today, however, I am bummed to report that at some point the record was corrected. Apparently, back in March (presumably at the State Championships), someone in my weight class benched 160 kg (352.7 lb):


Technically, then, it would not be accurate to say I ever held the record. While this is admittedly a little bit of a blow to my ego (which is probably a good thing), I've been encouraged by my recent workouts, and I think I'm going to aim to beat that record in December at the Fife Holiday Classic. The next step heavier would be 162.5 kg (358.2 lb), so basically I'll have to successfully lift about 16.5 more pounds. Maybe, just maybe...

0 comments:

Post a Comment