Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 24 Weigh-In: 285.0

Well, the scale FINALLY gave me reason to be encouraged this morning, telling me that at 285.0 I'm 1.6 pounds lighter than yesterday, and the lightest I've weighed since I started tracking again a little over 3 weeks ago. I'm not certain why I'm seeing results this morning, but I've got a suspicion.

During the first ten days I lost nearly 8 pounds, focusing only on the number of calories I was consuming each day. Then I started cutting back on carbohydrates as a result of a movie I had seen. That first day of low-carb I lost 2.4 pounds, and over the next week lost another 4.6 pounds. But then I plateaued and even gained weight, going from 285.6 to 286.6 over the course of 4 days. I began to wonder if, although low-carb diets certainly seem to work for many people, perhaps it isn't for me.

So yesterday I went back to eating a "normal" amount of carbs, and sure enough, I wake up this morning 1.6 pounds lighter than yesterday, and lighter than I've been since competing back in December. Of course one day isn't enough to be certain, so I'll go a few more days eating a normal amount of carbs before making up my mind, but boy I tell you, it feels good to be seemingly on-track again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment