Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weight Loss Progress: Week One

A week ago today I began tracking my weight for the first time since my last competition in December, hoping to weigh in at under 242 on June 25th at the YMCA Seattle Summer Classic, one weight class lighter than the one I'm accustomed to competing in. It's been quite the roller coaster of a week. I was dismayed the first morning to see I had ballooned up to 300.2, and the morning after that I was further discouraged to see I was up to 301.4. The next morning I was thrilled to see I was down to 296.2, and was excited to see that I was down again to 294.4 the next morning. Since then, I've hovered near that weight with virtually no weight loss for 5 days, which has been incredibly frustrating.

Still, I'm 6 pounds lighter than I was a week ago today, about which I'm happy. And as long as I lose weight a little faster than I have the past 5 days, I'm on track to make weight. The graph below shows what steady weight loss would look like from here until the competition (green line), as well as my current progress (red line), and a mathematical prediction of future weight loss based on my current progress (blue line). I'll update this graph once a week, and as long as that red line stays under the green line, I'll not worry. Please keep me in your prayers.

1 comments:

Philocycle said...

You can do it!

Post a Comment