Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Come On In, The Water's Fine

I used to underestimate the value of swimming, in terms of exercise. A year or so I decided to give it a try. That's not to say I didn't know how to swim, I just never had done it as exercise. I quickly grew to love it. I'm no Michael Phelps, don't get me wrong. However, it's fun, good exercise, and I recently heard it's a good between-lifting workout as it provides light resistance to recovering muscles. Anybody know if that's true?

Today I spent a half hour in the pool doing intervals. I have not yet learned how to pace myself sufficiently to swim constantly. So, I swim at a moderate intensity, a length and back, which takes me about a minute, and then rest for a minute or so. Rinse, repeat. I feel good--but boy I smell like chlorine...

0 comments:

Post a Comment